Little Oaks at Mavis is introducing 3 preschool programmes
- Daily Playgroup (for toddlers aged between 18 and 36 months)
- Learn with me (for toddlers aged between 18 and 36 months)
- Phonics & Learn to read (for children aged between 3 and 6 years old)
For more details, please call us at 62824011 and our friendly admins will be more than glad to assist you.
Daily Playgroup (18 to 36 months)
Little Oaks at Mavis consists of a group of passionate early childhood educators who believe that every child is unique. We offer daily drop off bilingual playgroup classes for toddlers from the age 18 to 36 months.
The importance of Playgroup
- Encourages early development of a child’s cognitive and logical thinking skills
- Stimulates a child’s language and literacy development
- Provides a learning ground to develop social skills through interaction with peers
- Satisfies a child’s natural instinct to explore
- Encourages a child to learn independency
- Develops imagination and creativity through dramatic play and creates self-esteem
- Develops the team spirit in a child
- Helps a child understand the importance of sharing and empathy
- Provides a head start in a child’s academic progress
Learn with me (18 to 36 months)
In addition to our daily playgroup, we offer daily parent-accompanied playgroup classes for toddlers from the age 18 to 36 months
Phonics & Learn to Read (3 to 6 years old)
Little Oaks at Mavis uses the synthetic phonics approach of teaching the letter sounds in a more fun and engaging manner that taps on your children’s multi-sensory abilities; enabling them to become fluent readers.
We customize the learning for each child and allow them to learn at their own pace, and at the same time stretch their ability to learn. Our class size is kept at 1:8.
Our approaches are creative, fun and interactive so as to enhance sustainable learning. In turn, there is a higher chance of ensuring that children absorb and remember what they have learnt.
- Learn to read
- Letter formation
- Identifying sounds in words
- 42 letter sounds
- Interactive spelling and dictation